Required Criteria and Grading
CANDIDACY CRITERIA AND REQUISITES FOR APPLICATION
- To be a third-grade or a higher-grade student (to complete at least two semesters at their departments for the undergraduate transfer and vertical transfer students).
- To have a CGPA of minimum 2,25.
- Not to have received a disciplinary punishment during study at Atılım University
- To have filed an application within the announced periods.
- One reference letter which is filled out (via the system) by the academic or administrative staff of the Atılım University. If more than one reference letter is filled out, only the first letter will be evaluated.
- To write a personal statement. For this purpose, the following points must be observed:
- The text must consist of minimum 250 and maximum 800 words.
- The student must present himself/herself.
- You must state why you qualify for the Atılım University’s 50 Outstanding Students Programme”
- You must state what kind of contributions the education received at the University have made for the application of the Atılım University’s 50 Outstanding Students Programme.
- You must explain the personal interests and future targets.
- You must explain what kind of contributions this person will make to our University in case he/she is elected one of the 50 outstanding students of the Atılım University.
- Students can be selected to the program at most twice. They can apply as many times as wish till they are selected twice.
CATEGORIES FOR GRADING
(It is 100 points in total and each category has a contribution of 20% to the total point. Each activity must be documented and each document must be used for only one activity)
1. Academic Achievement (Maximum 40 points)
The CPGA must be 2,25 or higher.
2. Social Service (maximum 80 points)
(Social Service: It covers activities towards issues such as environment, children, disadvantaged groups, animals, people in need and gender mainstreaming.)
1. To be engaged in activities concerning social services (10 points; maximum 2 activities)
2. Former/current active membership in social service clubs or campaigns (5 points; maximum 2 memberships)
3. Current active leadership in social service clubs or campaigns (15 points; maximum 2 leadership roles)
4. Former active leadership in social service clubs or campaigns (10 points; maximum 2 leadership roles)
3. Entrepreneurship (Maximum 90 points)
1. To have carried out studies about this field both inside and outside of the university (5 points; maximum 2 studies)
2. To have been nominated or to have applied for an award in this field (5 points; maximum 2 nominations)
3. To have received an award in this field (10 points; maximum 2 awards)
4. To have a business idea/plan approved by official authorities (15 points; maximum 2 ideas/plans)
5. To have established and managed or to manage currently a commercial enterprise within the period while he/she is an undergraduate student (20 points).
4. Important Extra-Curricular High School and University Activities (maximum 150 points)
(activities at the artistic, cultural, sports and academic student clubs)
1. Current active membership in student clubs (10 points; maximum 2 memberships)
2. Former active membership in student clubs (5 points; maximum 2 memberships)
3. Current active managerial/leadership position in student clubs (15 points; maximum 2 leadership positions)
4. Former active managerial/leadership position in student clubs (10 points; maximum 2 leadership positions)
5. Former or current participation in student competitions (5 points; maximum 2 participations)
6. Former or current success in student competitions (10 points; maximum 2 successes)
7. Former or current experience in extra-curricular undergraduate research experience (15 points; maximum 2 experiences)
8. To have worked or to work currently successfully in the academic and administrative units of the University (5 points; maximum 2 tasks)
5. Other Important Activities (maximum 120 points)
1. To have represented or to represent the University successfully outside the University (15 points; maximum 2 representations)
2. To have participated in and to have successfully completed the international exchange and internship programmes (15 points; maximum 2 programmes)
3. To know a documentable second or third foreign language except for English (5 points for each language)
4. Internship and work experiences except for the compulsory internships (10 points; maximum 2 internships/work experiences)
5. Personal Statement (maximum 10 points)
6. Reference Letter (Maximum two Reference Letters must be written by academic or administrative personnel of the Atılım University; maximum 10 points in total)
7. To receive a certificate or a participation certificate in the personal development, professional or academic fields (5 points; maximum 2 certificates)